Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reflection for December 8, 2010



Meditations with Meister Eckhart

What good is it to me

If this eternal birth of the divine Son

Takes place unceasingly

But does not take place

Within myself?

And

what good is it to me

If Mary is full of grace

And if I am not also full of grace?

What good is it to me

For the Creator to give birth to his/her Son

If I do not also give birth to him

In my time

and my culture?

This, then,

is the fullness of time:

When the Son of God

is begotten

In me.

We are all meant

To be mothers of God.

God does not ask anything else of you except

That you let yourself go

And let God

Be God

In you.

Every single creature is full of God

And is a book about God.

To grasp God in all things,

That is the sign

Of your new birth.